We’re looking to add a dynamic Associate to our growing team to work on public engagement, mobility, equity, sustainability, and more.
Muse Community + Design (MUSE), is an innovative urban planning and public engagement firm founded in 2014 and located in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago. We help communities manage change by creating plans, processes, and policies to implement a shared vision.
We believe our work is enhanced by diverse experiences and perspectives. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, and LGBTQIA people are strongly encouraged to apply. MUSE is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a busy and growing practice and seek to add a dynamic Associate to our team who can work on a variety of public engagement, mobility, equity, sustainability, and urban planning projects. Approximately 90% of the work will be in support of client-based projects; 10% of the work will be dedicated to the preparation of proposals, firm communications, and our website. The position is full-time and will be based at our office in Wicker Park. Some night and weekend meetings are required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Be highly organized and self-motivated
- Be a creative thinker and problem-solver
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and graphic)
- Have a passion for working with neighborhoods and communities
- Thrive working both independently and as part of a high-performing team
- Have comfort managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency with MS Office/365, in particular Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite
- Ability to create high quality graphics
- Proficiency in Google SketchUp desired
- Proficiency in GIS desired
- Experience in WordPress desired
- A combination of education, training or experience in urban planning, communications, public policy or related field which provides equivalent background sufficient to perform the position duties
$60,000 DOE + generous benefits
What we offer
- Benefits designed for your well-being and a high quality of work-life balance including paid time off, a combination of in-person and remote work, and monthly transit pass
- Medical insurance, progressive paid parental leave, and retirement savings plan with employer contribution after 90 days
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development, conference attendance, and other trainings
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world
Please send a cover letter, resume and up to three (3) work samples (of which you are the primary author/creator) to Katrina Balog at email@example.com with “Associate Position” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.