Graphic Design Coordinator
About the Firm
Muse Community + Design (MUSE), is an innovative urban planning and public engagement firm founded in 2014 and located in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago. We help communities manage change by creating plans, processes, and policies to implement a shared vision. We believe our work is enhanced by diverse experiences and perspectives. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or intersex, are encouraged to apply.
We are a busy and growing practice looking for a dynamic graphic design coordinator to join our team. This person will contribute to firm graphics including document layouts, creation of digital and printed assets for clients including project logos and materials, and MUSE promotional materials. The position will be under the direction of our Director of Communications and support our Project Managers on a variety of projects. Approximately 70% of the work will be in support of client-based projects; 30% of the work will be dedicated to the preparation of proposals and related materials, as well as firm marketing and communications.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Be highly organized and self-motivated
- Be a creative thinker and problem-solver
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and graphic)
- Have a passion for design, branding, production, and layout with meticulous attention to detail
- Thrive working both independently and as part of a high-performing team, and have comfort managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
The position is full-time and will be based at our office in Wicker Park. Some night and weekend meetings are required. The starting salary is $50,000 – $55,000 DOQ. Benefits include company health insurance, monthly transit pass, matching retirement contributions, a combination of in-person and remote work, and paid time off.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required
- Experience creating and updating websites in WordPress required
- Production experience, including creation of social media and promotional graphics
- Proficiency with MS Office, in particular PowerPoint, desired
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, or related field (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides equivalent background sufficient to perform the position duties)
- 1-3 years professional work experience desired
- Consulting experience a plus
How to Apply
Please send the following materials to Katrina Balog at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphic Design Coordinator Position” in the subject line:
- cover letter,
- three (3) professional references,
- and a design portfolio that shows a variety of work.
The position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls, please.